Sunday, August 24, 2008

Heaven Help Me

Yesterday afternoon I was putting together the bassinet for, Audrey, our baby to be. Didn't really think much of it, just wanted to get it done so I could get some sleep before I went to pick up Carolyn at work. After I was through I lied down and fell asleep. A couple of hours later I awoke. As I open my eyes the first thing I see is the pretty white baby bed with a pink bow..........and it hit me, "In less than two weeks, were going to have a baby girl".

In text-speak it would be OMG, I cannot believe its almost here. After all the waiting, after all the doctor appointments, after all the tests and finger pricks...Audrey Elizabeth Bray will be sleeping in that bassinet two Saturdays from now. I think I get little sleep now, just wait until sound is coming out of this, now, empty bed. ....(i guess sound is an understatement...right?)

I have dealt with children before. I mean three boys, we should be well experienced. Umm, not this time. This time around we will be caring for a little girl. ......Wow...... We are finally going to have a daughter. Someone who will be the complete opposite of anything I am used to dealing with. Someone who will have different ways of looking at things. Someone to bring balance to the testosterone in the house. I know how to care for boys, but a girl? I am more nervous now than I have ever been. Its an odd feeling, I don't even know what to call it.....Nervocitement?? Excitousness?? This combination is putting me in such anticipation that I can barely contain it. I have always dreamed of having a daughter. Now that it is around the corner, I can only hope that I have what it takes to deal with it.

Heaven help the boys that will come knocking on my door in 16 years.

ummm...no i mean 30 years.

No comments: