Wednesday, October 19, 2016

And the Adventure Continues...

I want to thank everyone who took the time to read my last blog. I know it was a tad long, but it was necessary to explain what I am attempting to do with my life. The likes and comments were encouraging. Please continue to do so. If you have anything to say, feel free to leave comments. I love to read your replies to this blog. Especially if it challenges you and you begin a journey yourself. Heck, tell me I'm insane if you'd like. Good or bad, I'm open to any feedback you have.

As for this week, It's been pretty full. Several articles were written, submitted and accepted. I've submitted 8 poems the last couple of days. I still have yet to hear back about my short story, but the guidelines stated that it could take a couple of months. Its only been two weeks. Yes, I am impatient. I guess its more excitement at the possibilities than impatience... Aw, who am I kidding, I'm impatient.

What I am having a tough time with is figuring out how to manage my time. While I have two, sometimes three days off in a week, at least one of those days I spend getting things done around the house that I can't do during the work week. So when I do write, I have been just going with the flow. Doing what I feel like doing, or what attracts my attention that day. Yesterday I spent the day organizing the writing from my past. Some   were the poems I submitted. Today I looked at the different publishing sites that accept poems and submitted more. Those will take a few weeks to a few months to hear back. So I again, wait.

During this time I covet your prayers. I need prayer for direction. Not only with managing my time, but with what the next step is. I feel I am making progress, but now that the groundwork has been laid, I'm finding myself a little overwhelmed. I want to do so much, that I don't know where to begin. I focus on one thing, like the poem submission, but I didn't touch anything else? Then I feel like I didn't do anything that day. I suppose I need prayer that what I do accomplish, that I find it gratifying. And be satisfied with that.

God is good!! He has spoken to me about several things this past week. He has shown me some things about myself that I forgot existed. Things that I nearly let die. If you don't use the gifts you have, they will be taken from you. I'm grateful that it wasn't taken from me. I am making a conscience effort to not let that fire die out again. Writing is part of who I am. I cannot let that voice be silenced again. And you reading this and being encouraged by it AND paying it forward are what it's all about.

Thank you again for joining me on this journey. See, as promised, this entry was not that long. God Bless and see you next week!!

No comments: